Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Implementing AND/OR gates using XOR/XNOR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AND gate using XOR

Hi~~

I think 'No'. In logics, the most primitive logical operations are Not, And, and Or operations. And, the other logic operations can be designed by using the three logic operations.

Bye~~

Yes it is possible.
You can implement any Boolean function using
NAND or NOR or XOR or XNOR or MUX

i think this can be done with idea of negative logic, and some combination of these gates..

you may derive AND equation from XOR by implementing boolean algebra,
and there would be an answer
regards

AND gate using XOR

No, you cannot derive AND/OR/NAND/NOR from only XOR/XNOR gates.

Lot of suggestions...what is the right answer? Maybe one of them who sugest it's possible can show this?

Here is an argument against XOR and XNOR as universal gates.

An XOR gate is a parity generator. Cascading parity generators always produce parity generators. AND and OR are not parity functions.

An XOR gate can be used as an inverter. An XNOR gate is an XOR followed by an inverter, so it is also a parity generator.

Sorry, I was wrong abou XOR and XNOR. Only NAND or NOR or MUX can be used as basic logic elements.

Ya ..it is possible..to implement And & OR gates using Xor and XNOR gates..
But i think we never go for it..Bcoz its nothing but increasing no. of transistors unnecessarily......We try to implement any logic using only NAND&NOR gates..thats why only those r called universal gates..

AND gate using XOR

hey all
Its not possible to condtruct an and gate from using only xor/xnor. Only nand,nor and Mux are universal gates.

Regards
tronix

Not possible to implement AND and OR with XOR /XNOR gates.

If it is the case, then XOR and XNOR should be called as Universal gates as NOT gate can be implemented with this XOR and XNOR gates.....

AND gate using XOR

ya it may be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back