Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Implementing 3 output PWM for multi color led tuning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Korah Manalody

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can I implement a continously tunable led color strip using some controller with help of a host system with a GUI.??? I hope 3 PWM should be used for this can u help me with this??

For the GUI you can use .net or QT. Both support serial ports. Depending on your computer configuration you can usb or serial. Serial is straight forward just get a micro controller with UART (use MAX232 chip) and 3 PWM channels. For USB you can go two routes. One is use a FTDI chip to convert UART to usb. Option 2, get a PIC microcontroller with usb built in. The reason for PIC is that it has a CDC library that will allow you to emulate serial over usb. (Example is provide in library.) This basically means you have the FTDI chip built in. However these PICs can also do USB. The problem is I don't think .net and QT support USB yet, just serial. All configuration require a micro controller with 3 PWM channels.

I hope this helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back