Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Implementation of Video Transmission Module on FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

pvshrs

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
viideo transmission

This thread is for the Embedded System Engineers who are working on the Implementation of Video Transmission Module on FPGA. I welcome you all.

Regards,
P V S

Added after 59 minutes:

I made use of the following Software and Hardware tools to implement my Video Transmission Module on FPGA:

Hardware Equipment & Tools:

1. XSTend Board v3.0
2. XSA XC3S1000XL Board
3. 640x480 TFT Display Unit
4. An Analog Camera from Omnivision
5. Male-to-Male 15-pin VGA Connector Cable
6. Male-to-Male 25-pin Parallel Port Cable
7. AV-AV Male-to-Male Connector for interfacing Camera output to the input to the Video Decoder Unit

Sofware Tools:

1. Xlinx Webpack 6.3v
2. Xilinx Service Pack 6.3.03i
3. GXTOOLs from XESS

Regards,
P V S

fpga video

Hi guys, my apologies for the delay. Well, I'm now done with the implementation of video transmission module on FPGA. To start with, I made use of the sample video.vhd code available at XESS and synthesized it using the Xilinx Webpack Service Pack 6.3.03i. After successful simulation, I implemented the same on XSTend & XSA Boards by loading the .bit file, generated by Xilinx pack, using the GXLOAD toolbox provided by XESS. A command is run at the DOS prompt initializing the decoder to capture and digitize the image. On pressing the PushButton1 (PB1) switch), the image captured at that instant is grasped and displayed on a console. Now, I have made few modifications in order to resize the frame size, changing image capturing from manual triggering to continuous internal triggering and improving upon the flickering phenomenon. Am also working on the color transmission part presently.

Regards,
P V S

video transmission rules

Any queries regarding video transmission on FPGA is greatly acknowledged...

implementation of video camera in fpga

Ciao,
mi potete dare una mano?
Ho una telecamera della Omnivision e non riesco a farla partire con la mia FPGA.
Vorrei utilizzare una Spartan 3E1200 della Xilinx e attraverso questa prendere le immagini della camera e visualizzarle su di un monitor attraverso la periferica VGA.
Grazie per l'aiuto

pvshrs

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
fpga xstend board v3.0

Hi, I couldn't under your language...

hii ..

i m going to do project on " Camera interfacing to FPGA"

So i am collecting information on VGA CAMERA and FPGA BOARD..

which camera & FPGA i shold preferd and how that camera will be interfaced with FPGA.. please help me in this prjct

pvshrs

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi.
I thought there was someone who knew the Italian.
I have a camera of Omnivision and I can not make it start with my FPGA.
I would like to use a Xilinx Spartan 3E1200 through this and take pictures of the room and displayed on a monitor through the VGA device.
Thanks for the help

Dear Friends,
I've been shifting in between few projects, so hadn't had the time to go ahead with camera interfacing on FPGA. Anyways, shall start with the topic soon. Keep replying and posting in your comments.

Regards,
P V S Phaneendra
(Engineer Trainee at HRSL
https://www.hitechroboticsystemz.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.