Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Implementation of Discrete Kalman Filter in MATLAB

Status
Not open for further replies.

beginner_EDA

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everybody,

I have set of 100 data points = [ 400, 405, 408,.........,420] and I want to use kalman filter on it.

Unfortunately, I don't have any more information for state equation, output equation, process noise, measurement noise, matrix A, B, C, etc.

How could I proceed ?

I actually have the same question, I've read that it is possible to develop the algorithm based on a set of measurements

https://www.ifcs-eftf2011.org/sites/ifcs-eftf2011.org/files/editor-files/Slides_Grewal.pdf (see slide #7)

Does this mean that it's possible to develop a filter based on the raw data or do I still need a function that will describe the data? Because if it's the latter, then what I would suggest to the original poster is to first find a function that will describe your data, let's say you used least squares regression in order to come up with a function. And then from that function, you can apply it using the filter.

I'm still in the process of understanding the Kalman filter myself, so if there's another way to develop a filter without knowing the state equation, then I'd like to know how as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back