Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

implementation of CDMA in FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

xanuz

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I proposed to design a communication system implementing CDMA technology for my final year project. Hence I would appreciate a little help from everyone in this field, especially who have completed their projects on CDMA.

I am waiting for replies...

complete CDMA system on FPGA as a project is impossible. You can implement some part of it. Also, you need to do lot of verification and system level design in other ESL softwares. e.g MATLAB, SystemC or others.

Addition: Are you planning to implement only CDMA algorithm (e.g. PN sequence and scrambling) ?

I am really trying to implement a CDMA communication system, which to my knowledge has already been done.....so I think it is possible ....... I just need helps

Yes, I know that CDMA has been implemented on FPGA but I meant to say that doing alone as a project is very lengthy and tough task.

Well, one suggestion. Start with implementing Simulink model. There are lot of examples on CDMA. It is the best way to elaborate the design. You will get lot of support in this case. After that you can translate it into HDL.

Step 1: Make a TX design for Single user with QPSK modulation and WCDMA air interface upto interpolation.

Step 2: After that introduce Scrambling, channel access and band-pass modulation for UMTS specification.

I hope you can start with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.