Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

imperfect etching PCB board

Status
Not open for further replies.

newman

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I just etching one PCB board, unluckily few line is not connected due to my stupid work.

How can I solve this problem without do it again. I mean how to repair it?

Can I use solder flux to connect?

:( :cry:

There are something like the silver glue may repair it . It also can be repair by conductive pen .

There are several types of metal foil with sticky glue on one side. These are usually used in EMI shielding applications. You can cut strips to replace the missing conductors and solder the ends of the strip to the existing conductors. You can also use insulated or bare wire for the missing conductors.

Another trick is to solder wire-wrap wire to connect between the pads or pins. This is commonly called "jumpers."

Thanks you to guide me . Thanks!!! :)

I want to do a double-sided PCB board DIY. How can I connect the top layer via and bottom layer via.

The usual method of hand repairing in this case is to use a drilled hole and a wire through it soldered to the traces on both sides. A more sophisticated method is to use special rivets made for this purpose. The flange on one side is ready made. You put it through the hole and bend the flange out on the other side. Then you solder both sides to the pads or traces.

what method of making PCBs were you using that you got broken traces?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back