Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Impedance visualization over the surface, HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinoth8051

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am able to plot E-Fields (V_per_m) and H-Fields (A_per_m), over the surface of patch antenna, using Field Overlays option. I wish to see, how impedance varies over the patch surface in same manner. Any suggestion, help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,
It is mentioned in HFSS help file From this I think, impedance over the surface can be calculated. But I am not sure how to do that and plot the surface impedance of patch. Kindly help me :-(

hi vinoth8051
Interesting question please share if you have found any solution to this problem
Thanks

In HFSS13, there is a field calculator cookbook built into the help...in the field calculator cookbook, the whole of the steps are walked through to create a field calculator function that can be plotted for the spatial instantaneous impedance! Search cookbook in the help ;)

Have Fun!

@tallface65
Thanks man,
I have V10 can you put the steps from HFSS13 here so that i may be able to use them in older version
Cheers

@mfarhan1 Thanks for reply, Iam unable find the solution. Hopefully using field calculator seems to be appropriate answer.

@tallface65 Thanks for guidance. unfortuanately I am also not having HFSS13. I think i should search for field calculator cookbook for low versions, if available.

yes i have been studying field calculator and in field calculator cookbook there is an example of plotting wave-impedance along the line i think that can be used for other structures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back