Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

impedance matching for dipole antenna @ UHF

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudokubk38

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
please help me:
I design a dipole antenna RFID tag, I want to increase imaginary part to 750 Ohm. thanks very much!

Probably is about a small printed dipole, and you can use a gamma match, which allow tuning the impedance match of the antenna.

can you please explain clearly, my friend? impedance value of chip is 36-j750 Ohm. when I use stub to impedance matching but input impedance of antenna just increases about 10+j250 Ohm.
more than, I must obtain broadband from 860-960 MHz. please help me! thanks very much!

Thank you very much! I am researching that. By the way, could you please help me about:
"I have a RFID dipole antenna (microstip line), I want to measure input impedance and return loss so that I compare with simulating. But I don't know anyway. Could you please help me?" Thank you in advance!

Any match stub must run perpendicular to antenna. Any ground plane or components near antenna will effect it. You need a balun to convert to balance line to measure dipole.

Attached is a drawing for an unbalanced to balanced tranformer for making measurements. It can match impedance or transform an S parameter to another impedance plane.

Attachments

• Semi Rigid balun.pdf
    171.3 KB · Views: 171

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back