Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Impedance constraints while manufacturing PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

cameo_2007

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have the gerbers for a single board computer,to be released for manufacturing.There are a few (20-30) system bus tracks from the processor to the RAM. Should these tracks,which i suppose are very sensitive ones to be taken care of all those impedance constraints while manufacturing?

If so how.what si that value for that.And should i instruct my manufacturer regarding that.

And what could be the possible problems which can happen if they are not manufactured accordingly?

any clues guys?

regards,

DEVELOPING TOOLS AND PROGRAMS FOR AT88SC0104C~1616C~25616C
The work of using AT88SC0104C~1616C~25616C is very difficult. Now, we supply developing tools and reading/writing programs (C or asm51 ) for you.
Please view our website: www.setchief.com, fax or call to 0086-20-85662866 or e-mail to: shichengdz@163.com

DECRYPTING/CRACKING/DECODING and COPYING SLE4442/5542/SLE4428
1.Decrypt the security codes of SLE4442/5542 or SLE4428 in several seconds, not damage the card.
2.Copy SLE4442/5542 or SLE4428 quickly.
3.Trace the security codes for SLE4442/5542 or SLE4428. Some IC application system modifies the security code in every using card. Our set can give the two security codes, one is before using, and another is after using.
Please view our website: www.setchief.com, fax or call to 0086-20-85662866, e-mail to: shichengdz@163.com.

Decrypting/copying/evaluating set for TM ( DS1990A, DS1991, DS1425)
1.Crack and copy DS1991 & DS1425.
2.Read the ROM of all TM (touching memory) to recognize which type of iButton
3.Reading and writing programs for DS1961S & D1991.
Please view our website: www.setchief.com, fax or call to 0086-20-85662866, e-mail to: shichengdz@163.com.

Simulation or Replacement of TM/iButton (DS1990, DS1991, DS1425, DS1996, DS1992)
1.Simulate ROM ID, multi keys and memories by a microprocessor.
2.Replace multi iButtons by our set.

Hi,

Depending of what RAM, speed and bus you are using, you should match impedance and tracks length carefully.

You can even cut the PCB into slices and look under a microscope the track's width and high to be sure that impedance is OK (we have done it for a 200MHz RDRAM board), if you need a high reliability.

If so how.what si that value for that.And should i instruct my manufacturer regarding that.
Depends on your chips and bus.

And what could be the possible problems which can happen if they are not manufactured accordingly?
Overshoot, undershoot ...

Regards

cameo_2007

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
It depend on your singal's wavelength and your traces' length.

If traces' length is more than ,let's say, 1/10 of signals' wavelenth, your traces must be used as transmission lines, a you'll have to match impedance and traces' length.

after manufacturing the board is with me now.How i can check the impedance of a particular track now?
Will a normal multi meter help?

With a multimeter you can measure trace's resistance, or impedance at 0Hz.

Impedance varies with frequency. If you don't have an impedance meter, you can use a function generator, an oscilloscope, a voltage probe and a current probe (or a voltage probe plus a 1ohm resistance to view current in oscilloscope.

You have to measure impedance at the frequency of your signals.

Chartacteristic impedance can be calculated as Z=sqrt(Zo*Zc), where Zo is the impedance mesaured with the output of the transmision line open (open circuit), and Zc whith the oputput closed (short circuit).

To measure impedance, you have to measure voltage and current amplitudes and phase deviation between voltage and current (or use an impedance meter).

cameo_2007

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back