Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Image vhdl code in to fpga syntheis

Status
Not open for further replies.

kambhampati9

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

present i am doing master thesis on Image processing using Image Enhancement technique

My task is ( Image enhancement technique implement in vhdl then code send to the nexys 2 board ).

Is this board suitable for this application ?

am using 64*64 image.

if its possible,then how can i take the output from the FPGA.

can i take the output from VGA.?

I did simulation part.

I dont know how to do synthesis part,How can i assign the pin configuration of 64*64 image size,each pixel is 8 bit..

please help me sir

I did simulation part.
That means, you have already an image memory respetively a frame buffer in your design?
how can i take the output from the FPGA
You should consider a serial data stream, as involved with any digital video format. You need at least a frame sync (VSYNC) and a pixel clock as control signals to transmit the data pixels in parallel.

Assuming your image is stored in a RAM memory, this would imply a counter that sequentially scans the adddresses. Generally, you'll find a lot of digital video HDL stuff on the internet, e.g. at opencores.org or at the FPGA vendor sites.

hi thank you for your reply,

I have one more question,

i have nexys2 (Diligent board).i created RAM for image.

can i take the output from VGA ?,to display the image back.

How can i assigne pins ?

Now i will read opencores.org

thank you,

Im not using Xilinx or the Digilent board in particular. But I noticed, that a VGA reference design is available for it from Digilent. It should clarify how to connect the pins.

hey me now working on a project of processing image in VHDL. i hv got the pixel values of the image. now need to process matix in VHDL. as per ur post u said u hv done simulation no can u plz guide me with it?

Hi

present i am doing master thesis on Image processing using Image Enhancement technique

My task is ( Image enhancement technique implement in vhdl then code send to the nexys 2 board ).

Is this board suitable for this application ?

am using 64*64 image.

if its possible,then how can i take the output from the FPGA.

can i take the output from VGA.?

I did simulation part.

I dont know how to do synthesis part,How can i assign the pin configuration of 64*64 image size,each pixel is 8 bit..

please help me sir

hey . . i m also looking for thesis on image processing with vhdl.
can i have your thesis report. i want to read it . . m not getting any problem to proceed as thesis . .
can you suggest me one please.
thnx .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back