Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Image transfer using UV light technique

Status
Not open for further replies.

miss_monica

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello everybody plz solve this problm of mine , i can use softwares to design my pcbs but the problem comes when i have to transfer the image to the coper sheet, i use ferric chloride for etching. but once the image is transfered correctly you can etch it. can somebody teach me the UV light technique plz .i dont care if its expensive

Re: image transfer

For UV, u need photoresist which is normally quite expensive, u put a coat of photoresist material on the copper board, take negative print of the circuit on transparency (the areas where there is no copper r printed as black, and copper areas remain transparent), put the print on the photoresist coated copper board, expose to UV and wash off.

For track widths down to 20 mils, u can use toner transfer which is cheap but requires a bit of practice. Many illustrated tutorials exist for it, just google it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back