Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Image processing using FPGA - Altera Cyclone IV Transreceiver Development Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
The broad plan is to transfer a bit map from PC to the board through the PCIe interface and onto the RAM on the board,
the image gets processed on the board and is returned to the PC after processing again as a bit map.
Did You manage to make it ?
Did "Qsys PCI Express to External Memory Reference Design" helped You in any way?

No, Qsys PCI Express design was of little help, since I only have the web edition of Quartus II.
I could get a ready core "Xillybus Core" from Eli Billauer's blog at

https://billauer.co.il/

You can download the free (but, limited functionality) core from

https://xillybus.com/

This core was sufficient for my requirements.
I did aproach the author to enhance the address lines in the core, to which he kindly obliged.
So now I can transfer upto 2MB of data to the FPGA memory and back.

It is a neat implementation. worth having a look.

This core was sufficient for my requirements.
I did aproach the author to enhance the address lines in the core, to which he kindly obliged.
So now I can transfer upto 2MB of data to the FPGA memory and back.
It is a neat implementation. worth having a look.
What was throughput via PCIe or how much time does it take to transfer upto 2MB of data to the FPGA memory and back?
SGDMA or simple DMA is used?

What was throughput via PCIe or how much time does it take to transfer upto 2MB of data to the FPGA memory and back?
I won't be able to tell you that, since I don't know how to measure the time for this operation.

SGDMA or simple DMA is used?
Again not sure.
As long as I can pass the data to the FPGA and back, I cared little on what mode does it use.

I hope you have visited the website I mentioned earlier.
It will be best to contact Eli on those issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.