Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Image Processing Research areas

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheifali

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can any one suggest me that what are the research areas in image processing in which further research can be done.

I have classified area into following

Medical Image Analysis

Image Processing with FPGA

give me some more details of research field in both the areas.

Thanks

Further Research can be done in both the field. More important is you need to identify where your interests lie in which field. If you are good with software programming and statistical processing skills then Medical Image Analysis would be appropriate. Image Processing with FPGA is a challenging field and you need to be have strong hardware and software background. Good Luck. But my suggestion is that you need to identify your strengths and decide about it.

A design of a image processing system in FPGA, due to its complexity probably should be considered on scope of software programming rather than hardware programming. Using a powerful softcore, you are able to adapt current codes available in C/C++, performing all required optimizations with hardware acceleration and other tricks.

Image processing system using FPGA does not focus much on the algorithm side of image processing. Its a high speed system and these systems cannot be designed using C/C++ programming languages. They need pipelined processes and Electronic System Design concepts unlike sequential programming. However from the algorithmic point, there are microcontrollers and DSPs which are more suited for complex image processing algorithms.

Thank you sir
I am interested in software programming...

Please tell me that is there any future scope in doing research in offline gurumukhi character recognition? Because already a lot of work has been done in character recognition. Please suggest me what can I do further in this field?

Further Research can be done in both the field. More important is you need to identify where your interests lie in which field. If you are good with software programming and statistical processing skills then Medical Image Analysis would be appropriate. Image Processing with FPGA is a challenging field and you need to be have strong hardware and software background. Good Luck. But my suggestion is that you need to identify your strengths and decide about it.

You will have to go through some conference papers and have a look at it. For starters you can go through International conference websites like CVPR and have a look at their papers. Also go through some International research institute websites where they work on computer vision and pattern recognition topics. All the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back