Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Image processing: c++ code for firewire video

Status
Not open for further replies.

E_Frieza

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi There

I need some help with or sample c++ code (perferably MFC style) to acquire images from a firewire card (Pyro) with a Sony camera. Any help (where to start looking) is appreciated. I have been working with a quickcam and Logitech's SDK for my project and the quality is almost unbearable.

Thanks in advance

Tell us more information about

1. Your platform.
2. Your imaging source type.
3. Your device driver.

I am doing my final project on robotic soccer and I need to recognize the robots and the ball on the field. the easiest way I know of doing this is through colour recognition (although object recognition will be a lot nicer but I am not experienced enough to do that). I have a camera (currently using a quickcam) looking down on the playing field to take the pictures and send the data to my PC (amd800, 512mb, 30gig) and I am currently using the quickcam SDK to put the recieved data in an array (320x240 BGR format) and from there I do whatever I need to do to recognize the robots and the ball. It is quite simple this way but the image quality is not so great and in order for the camera to see a 4'x6' playing field I have to raise it a good 3-4meters or 10-13feet which is rather high. Now I want to know if there is an alternative solution that will also give me the image in an array format so I can do image processing without sweating blood. I hear about frame grabbers but I see none for sales at the local stores. the next best thing is a Firewire Card (Pyro) and a camcorder (way better quality than the quickcam and I think it has a wider view too) and I have the TRV315 Sony camcorder which is compatible with the Pyro card. all I want to know is can I recieve images from the Sony camera and the Pyro firewire card like I can with the Quickcam and it's respective SDK? or is there even better solution that is cheap enough (less than $500) that I can use.

Hi
I have done the same project ,we use SONY VFW-500
and our programming interface is Directx8(or next ver)
if you need our Code please tell me to mail if for you
my e-mail address is
Amiri1982@yahoo.com
* whould you please tell me if you are going to be ready for witch
compation.
Best wishes

ali said:
Hi
my e-mail address is
Amiri1982@yahoo.com
compation.
Best wishes

i need your code to accomplish my disserttion thx

Hi
my e-mail address is
Amiri1982@yahoo.com
compation.
Best wishes

& I need ,too...
thanks alot
my email :cosmonaut.nsr@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search