Continue to Site

Welcome to

Welcome to our site! is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I'm searching for a pressure sensor with plain surface

Not open for further replies.


Member level 2
May 4, 2001
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everybody out there,
for a project I'm working on I need a pressure sensor
with a plain surface, not one with a hole.
It has to be quite cheap and output could either
be voltage or current.
European manufacturers preferred


Well, a U.S. supplier that I have used in the past was Foxboro/ICT (I think they were bought out by someone...)

They had (have?) a line of pressure transducers that were gel filled with a silicone pad for the contact area.

I'll see if I can dig up a link or a datasheet and get it to you.

Why do you need a hole free transducer? The Motorola and Sensym parts are pretty forgiving, I have actually used them in salt water applications...

hi dude,
thx for your reply.
Im measuring the level of a fluid with parts in it that could plug the hole.
I tried elektrodes made of stainless steel, not suitable because of electrolytic effects.
I also tried a device that works like a tuning-fork but the parts inside
the fluid stuck it totally after some hours.
Now I'm using a pressure sensor with plain surface which works fine since some weeks.
The only problem: very expensive (>300 USD).
So I will keep searching the web.
Nevertheless: Thank you


These parts were more like $30 to $50 USD, not $300. We were using over 20 per system, so $300 would have been a *major* problem.

I'm still trying to hunt down the info, its from a project that was cancelled over a year ago so the files are rusty in the old brain pan.

Happy hunting, I'll forward anything I find.


Here is a datasheet and link for the transducer we were using. I don't have a current price, but I doubt its $300.

When we were using the part it was made by Foxboro-ICT, but they have evidently been bought out by Invensys...


Best of luck

Uploaded file: **broken link removed**
Last edited by a moderator:

hi dude,
got the link and did dl the datasheet
will check them tomorrow

thx for your efforts

I think the best solution is to use polymer sensors. They are cheap and pssive devices. You can search at google to find some european manufacturers.

Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to