Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I'm looking for a big led display moving message (256x256)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gigel

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how big is 256x256

I'm looking for a big led moving message display schematic diagram or ideas. I want to use about 256x256 leds on my display and i want to make an animation on it. I want to use discret component and pic processor not expensive proicessors.
I made a little (32x32) one with pic16f84 and many eproms memory for the program for display but for this big display (256x256) i don't know if it will work because of the refresh rate. I use also 74ls595 for lines and 4017 for the columns.
what do you think about this problem?

moving message dispaly

just calculate, you must take a frequency of scan at last bigger than 100 times per second (per line)
if you have this speed in your hardware/software then your 'screen' dont shoud flick :)

Re: I'm looking for a big led display moving message (256x25

I am also interest in this topic if find resources can you please show it to us i mean this board.

Re: I'm looking for a big led display moving message (256x25

hi gigel

can you send your (32x32) led display project ?

Status
Not open for further replies.