Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I'm confused about OP-AMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

angbong

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Suppose OP-Amp is ideal and equivalent circuit of OP-amp is (a).
in case differential input is zero, output DC+AC level is zero. (a)
but real OP-Amp looks like (c), (d) and their output DC level is not zero.

1. in circuit (c) DC level of Vout is A = V(Iss)+Vov2+Vov4

2. in circuit (b) i think that Vref(also output of OP-Amp) should be B = V(R1)+Vbe2.
and if that OP-amp is made by (c), Vref should be V(Iss)+Vov2+Vov4 also.
What value is correct?

3. When i learning OP-Amp in a real circuit level, i thought OP-Amp operates in a small signal aspect.
(Output DC level is not concerned, only output small signal is important)
But when i learning OP-Amp as a black box(a), i thought OP-Amp is not a small signal amp.
What is correct?
제목 없음.png

1: True only if your power supply is symmetrical (-vdd +vdd).
Note that V+ - V- = 0, but V+ != 0 and V- != 0 else your opamp is not biased (again, for non symmetrical power supply, and will simply not work.

2: Seems correct for b.
For c, seems correct too, but like Vov4 and Vov2 depends on Vin.
In d, this is a small signal analysis model, M1 and M2 are not biased, and Vout (in open loop) depends directly on these gate voltages !
Try to simulate a simple opamp (like d) in open loop first and look at Vout, then in a "buffer" configuration (vout looped on V-, input on V+, and add a dc source on V+, you'll learn a lot !)

3: It depends what you are looking for !
If you want frequency analysis or loop stability analysis, small signal (ie ac analysis) is ok. But it does NOT mean that the small signal variation are centered around 0 V !
If you want distortion analysis, slew rate, etc, you'll need spice model (or equivalent time model)

Hope this will help you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back