Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I'm a non-electronic engineer, and I need one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdarklight

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I have the need for an electronic engineer for a product I am designing. I first would need to ask some questions about the feasibility of the design, and then, once that is established, would need him/her to make a prototype. This design is essentially a DVD player with it's own screen, that will play DVDs when you put them in.

I would ask that the initial consultation be free, but of course I am willing to pay for a prototype at an agreed-upon price.

Please contact me at robmh@mps.com if you are interested. Thank you!

Why do you want to design one? They have been available for years!
Much cheaper to just buy of the shelf. **broken link removed**

I think one engineer will be not enough for this project.
At least 4:
Analog designer
Digital designer
Layout engineer
Application engineer

Then I will need one engineer/designer to oversee the others. I need one guy who can deliver to me a prototype, and can tell me in advance how much it will cost.

Regarding the ones that are available now, mine is more for a kiosk application - play the video, but no audio, and no need for a clamshell or swivel screen. Low cost is going to be the most important factor, so we're stripping out all the extraneous stuff. Also, it may be a proprietary video format, or a non-DVD format, although I'm thinking that it would almost have to be DVD to keep costs down.

I suggest approaching manufacturers who already make DVD players.

I suspect that unless you place an order for at least 50000 units you will not be able to do this for less than the cost of existing units.

Hmm, well if anybody wants to help out here, let me know at the e-mail address above. Thanks!

Do you have a target price? What is the volume that you expect to produce?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back