Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IL300 and linear amplifier for DC voltage sensing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohansaini

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Referred to the attached circuit from the same forum i need to convert DC 0-60V to 0-5Vdc. As it is shown at the input of op-amp we need to connect 0-10V at the input for that purpose i have connected a voltage divider of 100K and 200K POT which will give 10V at 60V input
i have connected R3=100K but i am getting 3.9V max at the output of second op-amp. and its same at the 30V input as well. what could be the problem? and please suggest any solution.
The idea was taken from here
https://www.edaboard.com/threads/217799/

Attachments

• _.pdf
    13.3 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

Just to give some helpful suggestion...

The IL300 is an optocoupler. To get predictable levels from the internal photosensors D2 & D3, you may need to carefully adjust the current going into D1, until you get the results you want from D2 & D3.

At no time should you exceed the specs for current going into any of the terminals.

Did you check the voltage at the output of the first opamp? Perhaps it is limited. You may need bigger resistors for R3 and R4.

@ godfreyl can you please suggest any working circuit voltage at output of op-amp was arround 5.12V.

I do not understand all of this:
...i have connected a voltage divider of 100K and 200K POT which will give 10V at 60V input
i have connected R3=100K but i am getting 3.9V max at the output of second op-amp. and its same at the 30V input as well.
I have added some labels to your schematic.
Were the 10V and 30V inputs measured at A or at B?

To find the problem:
  • If the voltage at C is not the same as the voltage at B, then opamp OA1 has a problem.
  • If the voltage at D is not the same as the voltage at C, then there is a problem with the optocoupler.
  • If the voltage at E is not the same as the voltage at D, then there is a problem with opamp OA2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back