Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

if vias affect crystal ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

kabaleevisu

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi every one
i design xilinx usb programmer board in 2 layer. Unfortunately it is not work;
i placed via in crystal part and routed whether via affect crystal ???

:roll::idea::roll:

please reply any one

I wouldn't expect a via in the crystal path to stop it oscillating. You need to post your circuits & layout.

Keith.

i placed crystal connected to via. i put the via in decoupling capacitor is it affect the crystal???

No, I don't think the via is the problem. Vias can be a problem at high frequencies but I don't usually see much effect below 500MHz. What frequency is you crystal?

Maybe post the circuit, but also check for shorts/connection problems.

Keith

One would like to see the complete wiring, including all involved layers up to the chip. The layout snippet looks like you placed a parallel capacitor to the crystal, which seems strange.

Yes please show us more, all connections between the crystal and the IC.

have you routed the USB lines differentiallly with 90 ohm impedance? Via may pick noise.. but in this case no need to suspect.

again why decopling capacitor insted of Load capacitors? it seems strange!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back