Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IF-Transformer Oscillator tester

Status
Not open for further replies.

neazoi

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello I have many IF-transformers (cans) taken out from transistor radios and CB but I do not know their resonating frequency.

I have access to a spectrum analyzer so I would like to make an HF oscillator to find their frequency.
I have tried different oscillators from the internet but I could not make anyone oscillate.
I do not want a crystal based oscillator because the resonance frequency of these transformers is considered uncnown, so I need an oscillator that will use these transformers to resonate.

An LC resonator should contain an inductance L and a capacitance C.
Check if your IF cans have inside also the capacitor, which sometimes can be placed externally, on the PCB.

The best would be to have an LC meter to measure separate the inductance and the capacitance, and calculate the resonant frequency.
https://electronics-diy.com/lc_meter.php

Yes It has an internal capacitor, it can form an oscillating circuit by itself.
I do not have a so low value capacitor meter neither a so low value inductance meter but I do have a frequency meter and spectrum analyzer that is why I need a test oscillator.

I have made a few of them but none worked and I was wondering if you have a working test oscillator circuit (not using crystals) ?

This LC oscillator supports a wide range values for L and C.
The only thing that needs, is to connect L and C in series, as in the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back