Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ie3d simulation procedure for design 4 element patch antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakthivelu

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i had design a patch antenna for 2.4ghz, with VSWR=1.027,and S11=-44.6.

Now i am trying to extend this to a four element array at the same frequency(2.4ghz). But i am facing some problem to send it.Kindly quide me how to design

Re: ie3d simulation procedure for design 4 element patch ant

hi sakthivelu,

Copy and paste the radiator element at the required distance (normally 0.72 to 0.8λ) then construct the feed network by joining those radiator elements and simulate the structure by assigning port to the input of feed n/w.

r

U can model antenna elements as one structure and feed n/w as other ,simulate those structure separately, Radiation from the antenna elements and feed network are merged to give result as a whole.

For Further clearance u can go thr chapter-13 of IE3D Manual(Simulation of Antenna Arrays)

if w want use any impedance transformation to design,is it required or optional,if yes,kindly tell one small example for to design feeding network for 2.4ghz

Re: ie3d simulation procedure for design 4 element patch ant

Impedance Transformation is must for patch antenna array for proper

Powerdivision among the antenna array elements.

Feednetwork behaves like Wilkinson powerdivider.

U can analyze this from the example given in IE3D manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back