Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IE3D-regarding dielectrics

Status
Not open for further replies.

mailgvenkat

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi jian,

may i know what r the different dielectric materials available in practice?.....also give me their dielectric constants.......

Which substarte is mostly used for design?.......why?...
In IE3D,which substarte is default?....is there any option to change the dielectric substarte?...

anticipating ur reply...

with regards,
venkat.G.

when u start a new structure in IE3D a window pops up. there you can specify the dielectric of the substrate. there is no default dielectric in IE3D. Its always custom. Unless u specify a substrate wont be created in IE3D. Its the case with IE3D version 10.0. You may refer 'Microwave Engineering' by Pozar or "CAD of Microstrip Antennas" by Sainata for the commonly used substrates and their dielectrics.Hope i replied ur answer

hi,

thank you very much for the suggestion...But i found no option in IE3D to select the dielectric material immediately as if we open the mgrid window......there is option to chande the dielectric constantl.....

also i don't have tht book.....could u please mail me the link of tht book or details regarding the dielectric materials?.....

with regards,
venkat.G.

now i get you. i am sorry that i didn't read your mail properly. There is no option for dielectric materials. only dielectric constants can be changed. I am not sure of links. I am having only hard copies of those books. I will let u know if i come across any.

to mailgvenkat:
hi , i think you should read the ie3d manual firstly , in it you can find your answers. if you have no the manual now , you can download it from www.zeland.com .
hope helps.
kaka

hi jossion,
Thanks for the reply... if u find any links please forward it to me....

Hi woshifanka,
thanks for the suggestion.....i have the manual...but in which chapter do we have such details....please mention it...

with regards,
venkat.G.

you should specify the magnitude of Er in the "basic parameters " i remember in the frontal three chapters there are some examples .
rgz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back