Status
Not open for further replies.

jayleung

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, everyone. I have a question about the IE3D data display in Modua.

What is the difference between two data display option: "Real and Imaginary Parts of Z-parameters" and "Real and Imaginary Parts of Z for S-Parameters"?

I known that the RF network can be characterized by S-parameters and Z-parameters, and both of them can be converted to each other. So in IE3D, why do they offer two options for data display.

And since I am using one-port simulation, both of them show the same Z data. Are they different when two or more port simulation occurs?

Thanks.

Hi, Jayleung:

Two z-parameters are defined in IE3D. The z-parameters are the standard z-parameters. Some users want to find Zsp(i,j)=Sqrt(Zci*Zcj)*[1+S(i,j)]/[1-S(i,j)] and we define Zsp(i,j) as Z for s-parameters. It is not defined else. They are just defined in IE3D to meet some customers' need. Please note that Z(1,1) = Zsp(1,1) for a 1-port structure. However, for a multiple port structure, Z(i,j) is not equal to Zsp(i,j) for any i and j combination.

Best regards

jayleung

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…