Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IE3d Batch processing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poonam

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

Can you please tell me how to do batch processing in IE3D. I mean if I
want to leave 3-4 simulation and it should simulate 1 by 1 ni
queue.How to do that?

Please let me know the procedure of queuing .

Hi, Poonam:

Way 1:

1. Close all mgrid apps.
2. Select FILE->ZELAND SIMULATION QUEUE in ZPM.
3. Select ENABLED WITH 1 JOB (for 1 CPU) or ENABLED WITH 2 JOBS (for dual cpu or cores).
4. On MGRID, when you do SIMULATE, please select APPEND TO QUEUE in AFTER SETUP for each of your project. Then, the simulations will be added into the ZELAND SIMULATION QUEUE for automatic batch simulation.

Way 2:

1. For each simulation, please select CREATE .SIM FILE ONLY in AFTER SETUP.
2. Write a batch file with each line containing:

"c:\program files\zeland\exe\ie3dos" "\mydir\myfile.sim"

where "\mydir\myfile.sim" is where the .sim file is located (same dir as .geo file).

Run the batch file.

Best regards,

Hello

Thanks.

yeah I did the same thing. Its showing queue of simulations in 'zeland simulation queue' dialogue box. But its not simulating. I clicked continue and it starts simulation, after completion of that simulation it does start another one. Is there somthing else to be done ?

With Regards
Poonam

Hi, Poonam:

That is all. However, you can control the timer for invoking next simulation. It may have a short delay before the 2nd sim started after the 1st sim finished. I think that is why you thought it was there not started. This feature is a very old feature. We have much better scheme for ZPM to detect whether an IE3D simulation (separate process). I can ask our engineer to check into it. If we use other more reliable scheme to detect whehter the 1st one is finished, we can leave no gap between 2 simulations.

Best regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back