Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Identify the component

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be wrong, but it seems a signal diode in a holder designed to a battery of type AA, with 2 wire leads terminals, or even a fuse; just a guess...

It seems like a diode, because it only conducts in one direction! but I not sure also.

On this power supply the 24V and 15V lines are switching ON/OFF, perhaps I have a short circuit somewhere.

The picture seems like a broken glass diode. I believe you will have to survey at least the surrounding circuitry and draw the corresponding schematic to infer what element would be reasonable to be there.

Could it be some type of light sensitive diode?

Reviewing the picture above, now I realize that it seems like a socket originally designed to accomodate a power resistor (R172) with free flow of air below at the cut area of the PCB, but the number marked on this component "P430E" it is not possible to find reference anywhere.

P430E11 and E12 are Siemens PTCs used for level sensing (in a self heating circuit). They can be also used as fan flow monitors, which ssems to be the present application.

Apparently the type is deprecated and no longer in production.

Thanks for the reply. I think that they are used to monitor the temperature inside the SMPS, since it has two ventilator on the top of this Siemens S5 power supply

Yes either temperature or flow monitoring. You'll know if you look at the circuit. For flow measurement, there must be plenty of DC current, for temperature not above a few mA.

Status
Not open for further replies.