Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ideas for final year project with PIC16F877A and LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metabolic_7

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
currently I'm doing my final year ,but need to do a
project not sure what to do.Need to use pic16f877a
and LCD with anything,can anybody help me

Re: degree project

I would just go to the Microchip website and search their appnotes, they have tons of stuff. Then maybe you can combine two of those to get something new. For instance, you have there an appnote on connecting an LCD to a PIC, but then what do you display? Perhaps you build an ohmmeter, with LCD display. There is an appnote on ohmmeters, too.

digital clock looks nice but the thing is
i'can copy from mplab web site because it is like copyride

Nobody said you should copy. But you can get inspired. If you saw something you like, then come up with something new, add to it and you will produce an entirely different product, with new features.

For instance, a digital clock that also displays temperature from time to time? Perhaps it has an alarm, too?

That's the same thing I built. A clock that shows the temperature as well. And yes, it had an alarm too :D.
Actually it had both, daily and hourly alarm.

Although, I won't mind anyone 'copying' my project, but would seriously advise you to get 'inspired'. Inspiration was the reason I did not 'copy' my project and why I chose to build it from scratch.

IMHO, I do not think building a clock/thermometer would get you great marks in your final year project. I would build something useful and never tried by anyone before, if I were you ;-)

regards,
Seemanta

I just finished my final year, and my group (4 people) designed a solid state anemometer (wind measuring device). It didn't work in the end because of the complexity of the project, but we made good progress. We ended up getting A's because we tried something new and did a decent job working on it. We used a pic microcontroller and a Java software package to view the data. I agree with trying something that hasn't been done before. It stimulates you to think for yourself and not just copy what has already been done.

Fully agree with you. Even in my final year myself and my partner made a traffic controller that would be real time in nature. In the sense that it would change the duration of its signaling lights in accordance with the traffic flow.

And as you said, for us also it did not work as expected. But we got full A's considering the magnitude of work both in concept and size of the final prototype ;-)

We had used some 20 laser based sensors and had a pretty complicated algorithm to work out the duration of the traffic signals.

And for our project we had also got funding from the local government, which in India is very difficult to get.

Yes, those are the times when you actually learn! All the best for your future projects!

regards,
Seemanta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back