Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ideal soueces in cadence virtuoso

Status
Not open for further replies.

mirror_pole

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys,

I got a question concerning ideal sources in cadence. I build a circuit using ideal sources and want to replace them by real ones using transistors.
There is one current source which is not fixed to a rail and is therefore floating. It might sound stupid but can ideal sources have an impact on your poles?
My intention was that this floating current source which is not fixed provides a large parasitic impedance(ideal current source), so the pole assosiated with that node moves left in my bode plot.

Ideal current source is an open in the circuit. Moreover, every AC analysis replaces ideal sources with their internal impedances, so ac, PZ, stb analysis seeing open circuit in this place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back