Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ideal Balun( Cadence analoglib)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrkhari

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
balun cadence

Hi guys:

If I use the ideal_balun in analoglib, at a low input frequency of ten's of MHz the differential output signal seems to be in phase whereas if I use an input frequency of GHz the output seems to be differential, I had attached the configuration used. Does this mean balun could not be utilized for low frequency input. Pls feedback on this inquiry. Thanks in advance

Rgds

balun cadence

L0 and L1 are too small (10nH) and their reactance are almost zero at several MHz. These reactances are "in series" with internal resistances of V1 and V4 wich are probably zero. This is the reason why, at low frequencies, the two outputs of the balun can considered to be shortcircuited to ground and the output signals are very weak and "in phase".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back