Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ICSP without PIC programmer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericmar

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
icp picprogrammer

Hi,

Is it possible to do ICSP on an onboard PIC without using any PIC programmer but connect directly to the MCLR, RB7/PGD(Data), RB6/PGC(Clock), GND, VDD and RB3/PGM(optional for some PICs)? I'm using PIC16F877 and PIC18F452 onboard anyway. My supervisor told me only 2 lines are needed which are the Data and Clock line but how can this e true? If it's possible then why do we need a programmer anymore?

Besides, how can I program a PIC using LVP (Low Voltage Programming) if the PIC can support LVP?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Eric

Salam,

Yes, You can program your PIC using few lines only.
This is called ICP (In Circuit Programming).

It's very important in Development cycle.
It's another method of programming.
You can easily read, write and erase your microcontroller without pick-off your PIC from the circuit.

Bye

one of the best prgrammers,and easy to build,is EPIC,which allows ICSP...use the search function,the schematics and program are here in EDABOARD... i use it everyday,for the same pics you want to program...works in windows xp,and programs a 18f452 in a few seconds...
good luck

Can I program a dspic by icsp through only two pin if dspic support icsp?
thanks

Links please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.