Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ICSP in Proteus ISIS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rizzy_dascal

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am trying to draw a circuit in Proteus Isis that has a Pic16f877a and I want to put in an ICSP header, however the device pins are hidden and automatically connected to power rails but I need to put a resister inline from power rail to device VCC, could anybody help please ?

thanks in advance
Rizzy

right click on pic16f877a part click on edit prop.-> hidden pins. check which names are given for pic vdd and pin vss.
Now insert power part from terminals mode (on left panel 8th from top) name power part as vdd by right click -> edit prop.-> string field, and like this insert ground and name it vss. now connect these to you icsp circuit as you want.

Hi H.Sharma,

On the 877a as you know there are 2 x vdd and 2 x vss pins 12 &12 31&32 and they are not shown in isis, I need to connect a resistor to the power rail and connect the other side to the 877a, so what you are saying I don't think will work ie I need to interupt the power rail connected to both VDD pins of the device and insert a resistor, am I right ?

thank you
Rizzy

u can also create ur own power rail from design tab and then assign it to power supply of pic (edit prop.)
check if it can help u
can u share ur ckt?

Thanks h.sharma, I worked out how to do it in the end.

cheers
Rizzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back