Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ICFB, but on on which linux platform?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redhavoc

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
Has anyone tried running icfb (preferably 5.1.41) on Debian or Gentoo. I know it runs on Redhat Enterprise Linux and its variants (Fedora, CentOS ...), also from what I understand it also runs in Suse. But I would either like a very stable version (Debian, Ubuntu) or a fast one (Gentoo).
Can you people tell me on which versions you have tried icfb and it worked fine. This way I can pick the one that suits me best. Trying all thes systems would take too much time, so I thought I should ask first.

Thank you

And why are Open Suse and Fedora unstable ?
Well it will probobly run in vanila Debian not sure about it's quasy stable forks *buntu's.

Added after 3 minutes:

And if you run Suse with blackbox or, windowmaker or one of the desktop enviroments other then Gnome or KDE it will be one of the quickest and most stable OS'es in the world.

The only reason I prefer Suse beacose it's the only Linux for wich nvidia keeps prebuld driver binaries.
can be foud download.nvidia.com/novell

RH is the way to go. Do you want to play with the OS or the EDA tool?

Status
Not open for further replies.