Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ICDWarn0020: Invalid target device id (expected=0x71, read=0

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinayprasad

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
icdwarn0020

my icd2 is giving a problem wen i connect it "ICDWarn0020: Invalid target device id (expected=0x71, read=0"...how do i debug this problem.. the MCLR pin signal is LOW even after having a pull up on target MCU....

icdwarn0020: invalid target device id

Hi vinayprasad,

Sounds like the ICD2 cannot find your chip. Make sure the chip in your socket is the same one selected under Configure -> Select Device... in MP Lab. I've done this before!
If I recall correctly, this warning can also happen where there is a problem with your circuit: power or connections. How is your !MC configured? Is there anything else on the programming pins? (pgD and pgC)

Regards,
Robert

icdwarn0020 invalid target device id

This happens all the time to me. I have an ICD2 at home and we use about 4 at work. They all report this message, even brand new ones. Using dsPic devices its bloody useless as a debugger. I switched back from 7.4 to 7.31 but its still the same.
It still programs ok even when it reports that fault.
It constantly comes up with this message as well.

ICD0099: Internal: Missing component: 'class CICDDebugger *'

Microchip are about to release a more advanced affordable debugger, due later this year, Ill just make do with icd2 untill it comes along.
Cant afford an ice4000.

icdwarn0020: invalid target device id

This message comes up every time, if the ICD2 cannot find the target micro. You need to make sure the programming header is connected to the target micro and that the power is present, if you are powering the target from a separate supply, instead of the ICD2 (which you must if the ICD-2 is only powered from the USB port).

icdwarn0020:

Hi..
Just check ur target device, if u r using breadboard use ur mltm and check every pin

Status
Not open for further replies.