Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ICD2 compatible/clone for 18F4550

Status
Not open for further replies.
potyo1

So where can I find the ICD 2 clone schematics?

icd clone rev c features

Nice Project

mc41010

Thank you, just published our first newsletter. We're always looking for PIC articles we can adapt to the Junebug.

easy schema 18f4550

blueroomelectronics said:
Here you go, a PICkit 2 lite schematic. It's the most basic PK2 I could design so it's cheap and simple to build. You'll need to get the bootloader firmware PK2V021000.HEX (comes with MPLAB 7.62 or the PICkit 2 software from Microchip) loaded on the PIC18F2550 first though.
That's really useful - thanks for that.

I think I actually have all the components to build this except the BAT41 diode - is there any chance this be replaced with a 1N5817, 1N4001 or 1N4148?

Thanks

Ian

pickit clone 18f4550

Hi blueroomelectronics!!

I want to return the gift (Junebug bare board) with another gift.
Would You Like one of this? A STR751 (ARM7) bare board or ICD2 (all smd ,potyo 2) bare board.
These boards arrive me from the PCB house in 10 days

Regards

how to icd2 connect to 18f2550

The BAT41 (on the inductor) is in the old design, you can use a 1N4148 or 1N5817 both will work.
Ah, great.

When you say "old design", is there a new version of the PK2 Lite diagram around somewhere - I can only the find one above..?

Thanks

Ian

Added after 1 minutes:

folks said:
I want to return the gift (Junebug bare board).
If blueroomelectronics is not bothered about it back, i'd love to have it!! :)

Thanks

Ian

real ice clone ebay

ichilton said:
The BAT41 (on the inductor) is in the old design, you can use a 1N4148 or 1N5817 both will work.
Ah, great.

When you say "old design", is there a new version of the PK2 Lite diagram around somewhere - I can only the find one above..?

Thanks

Ian

Added after 1 minutes:

folks said:
I want to return the gift (Junebug bare board).
If blueroomelectronics is not bothered about it back, i'd love to have it!! :)

Thanks

Ian

Hi Ian.
No, you are wrong. I say return the gift with another gift. I´m very happy with my Junebug. Sorry but I do not return it.

Sorry :D

icd2.5 18f4550 hex

Hi,

Oops! - I misunderstood "I want to return the gift".

Doh!

Ian

icd2-4550.hex

folks said:
Hi blueroomelectronics!!

I want to return the gift (Junebug bare board) with another gift.
Would You Like one of this? A STR751 (ARM7) bare board or ICD2 (all smd ,potyo 2) bare board.
These boards arrive me from the PCB house in 10 days

Regards

Knowing you're enjoying the Junebug is gift enough. If you find someone who could use it feel free to pass it on.

I too have a new PCB coming, it's an RS232 / IR bridge for HA control.

schema pickit2 clone

Hi,

I thought Ladybug was your next kit - with the ENC28J60?

Thanks

Ian

18f4550 debug

hello can i use the KP lite or the ICD2 clone (PICs) to program a dsPIC?
tanks

Hi blueroomelectronics ,
I'm looking for a good working ICD2 and i've searched here a lot but i can't decide which one is the best.
In the second page there is a schematic:
" blueroomelectronics_pickit_2_lite_2075.pdf (44.6 KB) "
Would you please tell me whether it works with PICkit 2 v2.61.00 and
PK2V023200.hex firmware
or not?
Any other suggestions?
Thanks a lot in advance.

Hi blueroomelectronics ,
I'm looking for a good working ICD2 and i've searched here a lot but i can't decide which one is the best.
In the second page there is a schematic:
" blueroomelectronics_pickit_2_lite_2075.pdf (44.6 KB) "
Would you please tell me whether it works with PICkit 2 v2.61.00 and
PK2V023200.hex firmware
or not?
Any other suggestions?
Thanks a lot in advance.
The said schematic used the same hex as you have mentioned and the circuit is tried, tested, verified and used by thousands of enthusiasts all over the world. The said programmer is compatible with PICkit 2 v2.61. Good luck

As pranam77 said the kits are tried & tested. The Inchworm kits are very basic ICD2 compatible programmers. The Junbug kits are basic PICkit 2 programmers (I prefer the Junebug over the Inchworm for almost everything) They use the same PICs as genuine ICD2 / PICkit2 programmers and work with all the firmware revisions.

Hi dear friends,
Would you please tell me whether this programmer can be used for 3.3 devices (like 18F67J50) or not? if yes,how?can it be accomplished by a 3.3 regulator?
What should i do for proper capacitance on VDDCORE/VCAP of 18F67J50?
Thanks for your answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.