Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ICD2 (clone?) protocol details / or app to send hex to ICD2

Status
Not open for further replies.

izua

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
icd2 protocol

I know this is the birth place of an (in)famous stream of Microchip's ICD2 clones. Heh :)
Over the years i owned three. But since I'm working with assembly, the time has come for me to upgrade to C/Pascal/Basic, anything high level.

Most IDEs can program the chip after they compile the code. But ICD2 seems to be pretty tied to MPLAB. So, i guess that if people made ICD2 clones, they must know the protocol (so it will seem right to MPLAB). What I want to do is make an app that will get a hex file as input, and will write it into the chip. I don't want to use MPLAB since this exe has to be invoked by any other IDE, that compiles from a HLL. Is there such a program? I've asked on the microchip forums, but without any success.

I've also looked for the ICD2 protocol, but, again, without any success. So I came here, hoping to find what I'm looking for. Does anyone have the protocol specs for ICD2?

icd2 pic16f627 hex

hi izua,
maybe you have to ask altxro. look his post at this thread

best regards,
stroma[/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back