Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ICD2 Clone 4550 USB - installing problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

iw3sgg

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ICD2 Clone 4550 USB

Hi at all!
I build a icd2 clone 4550 at http://icd2clone.com/wiki/Main_Page Pics rev B (the first),but I don't know how I can install it with mplab.
When I connect the icd2 at the usb windows xp don't show the installing new hardware wizard.
Mplab is the leatest version 8.4.
I try to install manually the drivers into c:\programs\microchips\mplabide\icd2\drives\icd2w2k but at the moment to copy the drivers the computer reboot!
I'm try to do a ddicd2 istructions but windows don't show the wizard for new hardware.
The icd2 are powered by usb,the green led is on,the 5,1Volts are in correctly to 16f877a and 18f4550,the vpr are 12,69 volt.
Can sameone hel me please????
Thanks.
Noris

I build a icd2 clone 4550 at http://icd2clone.com/wiki/Main_Page Pics rev B (the first),but I don't know how I can install it with mplab.
When I connect the icd2 at the usb windows xp don't show the installing new hardware wizard.
Mplab is the leatest version 8.4.
I try to install manually the drivers into c:\programs\microchips\mplabide\icd2\drives\icd2w2k but at the moment to copy the drivers the computer reboot!
I'm try to do a ddicd2 istructions but windows don't show the wizard for new hardware.
The icd2 are powered by usb,the green led is on,the 5,1Volts are in correctly to 16f877a and 18f4550,the vpr are 12,69 volt.
Can sameone hel me please????
Thanks.
Noris

Hi, Noris
My problem is just like yours!!
Please, help me, if you have a solution ...
Best regards, Nenad
nenad@enings.com

Hi!
I use another firmware,not the firmware with the project.
You must install the driver like the original icd2.
Intall MPLAB IDE from microchip,after write to me at this address:
iw3sgg@gmail.com
Bye!!!

I opened some site, where i find little diferend firmware for 18f4550 but no change ,
a can not install driver for icd2

Noris, I do not receive your firmware, please send me again
Bye!!

Hi!
sorry for so late,but with a little child I haven't time to power on the PC.

Be sure that your clone is running because if not running you can not configure mplab.
for installing the drivers of icd2 clone in windows xp for mplab ,after the installation of mplab,go to c on program and settings in the folder
microchip in the folder mplab ide in the folder icd2 in the folder drivers an open with firefox or internet explorer the file called ddicd2.html
in this file you can found all istruction for installing the drivers and in the folders you can find the drivers.
For firmware I post it now.
Bye.

I'm having the same problem, I can't seem to get windows to find my icd2 clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.