Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] ICC Error - Module 'NOR2X0' is not defined. (MWNL-297)

Status
Not open for further replies.

phuang

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I met an error when I run ICC with the instruction "import_design", shown as following:

icc_shell> import_designs -format verilog -top ChipTop -cel ChipTop_floorplan {./results/compile.v}
Loading db file '/iggroup/home/phuang/Synopsys_Curriculu/low_power_methodology/lpmm_labs/lpmm_lab3/models/saed90nm_typ_ht_pg.db'
Warning: Conflict unit found: MW tech file capacitance unit is pF; Main Library capacitance unit is fF. (IFS-007)
Warning: Conflict unit found: MW tech file resistance unit is kOhm; Main Library resistance unit is MOhm. (IFS-007)
Loading db file '/iggroup/home/phuang/Synopsys_Curriculu/low_power_methodology/lpmm_labs/lpmm_lab3/models/saed90nm_min_pg.db'
Loading db file '/iggroup/home/phuang/Synopsys_Curriculu/low_power_methodology/lpmm_labs/lpmm_lab3/models/saed90nm_max_pg.db'
Loading db file '/CAD/Synopsys/ICC_vC-2009.06-SP4/libraries/syn/gtech.db'
Loading db file '/CAD/Synopsys/ICC_vC-2009.06-SP4/libraries/syn/standard.sldb'

***** Verilog HDL translation! *****

***** Start Pass 1 *****
Begin loading DB for bus info.
End of loading DB for bus info.Elapsed = 0:00:00, CPU = 0:00:00
Warning: All isolation_upf and retention_upf pragmas are ignored. (VER-282)

***** Pass 1 Complete *****
Elapsed = 0:00:01, CPU = 0:00:00

***** Verilog HDL translation! *****

***** Start Pass 2 *****
Error: Module 'NOR2X0' is not defined. (MWNL-297)
hdlCleanupDBLibrary:
Error: Verilog parser cannot parse the /iggroup/home/phuang/Synopsys_Curriculu/low_power_methodology/lpmm_labs/lpmm_lab3/results/compile.v source file. (MWNL-047)
No such file or directory
Error: Current design is not defined. (UID-4)
icc_shell>

Following the the manual of MWNL-297, I checked my netlist file and the FRAM reference library, both of them contain the module 'NOR2X0' .

So how to deal with the problem? I am puzzled.:-x

looking forward to your advice. Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• scripts.txt
    705 bytes · Views: 127
  • err.JPG
    err.JPG
    209.1 KB · Views: 204

Hey, were you able to solve the issue?? I'm facing the same problem...

I used -allow_undefined_module as suggested by the error message.
So, its not giving any errors now... but I don't see the FRAM being used in my top level module.

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 05:38 ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 ----------

Hi,
I should rephrase the question.... I have created the FRAM and ILM views for the module (to be integrated in the 'top' level).

I don't know how to integrate the FRAM/ILM views while importing the top_level module's verilog file.

Currently, I am including the path of the module_LIB as a reference library - but yet, while reading the module instantiation in the top level netlist, it throws an error {module not found}. This error disappears when I use -allow_undefined_module with read_verilog.

Thanks

Reactions: phuang

phuang

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi everyone,

Are you giving milkyway reference library(mw_reference_library) properly? I had the same issue which I fixed by giving the right reference library.

Reactions: phuang

phuang

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hey, were you able to solve the issue?? I'm facing the same problem...

I used -allow_undefined_module as suggested by the error message.
So, its not giving any errors now... but I don't see the FRAM being used in my top level module.

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 05:38 ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 ----------

Hi,
I should rephrase the question.... I have created the FRAM and ILM views for the module (to be integrated in the 'top' level).

I don't know how to integrate the FRAM/ILM views while importing the top_level module's verilog file.

Currently, I am including the path of the module_LIB as a reference library - but yet, while reading the module instantiation in the top level netlist, it throws an error {module not found}. This error disappears when I use -allow_undefined_module with read_verilog.

Thanks

Hi surpriya.7,

Thanks for your attention and advice. but the -allow_undefined_module just shade the error from modules that not found.

I solved the problem by giving the right milkyway reference library(mw_reference_library), since the original FRAM format is like AND2X1_1, while the right should be AND2X1:1, when I gave the right one, the proble was fixed.

Thank you!

Cheers,
phuang

---------- Post added at 16:48 ---------- Previous post was at 16:46 ----------

Are you giving milkyway reference library(mw_reference_library) properly? I had the same issue which I fixed by giving the right reference library.

Hi dianin,

YOU ARE RIGHT!

I solved the problem today by the same way as what you did, --- give the right milkyway reference library!

Best,
phuang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back