Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IC5141 & SOC4.1 (how to make it run?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oktan

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi;

i got a problem with running Cadence IC5141 on my sys.
i managed to install all the IC5141 & SOC4.1 & IUS 5.5 & Assura on my pc that has CentOS 4.4.
and also i have license for this cadence product ..(it is only one file)
now comes the question that how i can set this license and how can i set the Envirement variables. plus where should i set these variables.and exactly how can i do that?

cheers

if you had successfully installed the products, then you can read the document come with them. It's not easily to explain how to run the products in a few pages

You should set license variable to your licesne server or file.
And add executible to your path environment.

setenv CDS_LIC_FILE license_file_or_server
or
setenv LM_LICENSE_FILE license_file_or_server

Which type is your license file? Floating or nodelocked? For floating, you must use the command "lmgrd" to start the license while you set "LM_LICENSE_FILE". For nodelocked, you can only set "LM_LICENSE_FILE".

insert the following to your csh scripts
setenv CDS_LIC_FILE 5280@hostname
set path = ($path install_path/tools/bin)
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH $LD_LIBRARY_PATH:install_path/tools/lib

In cadence tools, there is a special path: INSTALL_PATH/share/license/, u can rename each of your license file to license.dat, then the tools will load license once u start the tools.
Also there is lots of tools in IC5141 and SOC encounter, some command is:
icfb &
encounter &
rc &
bg_shell
if you want to know much of the command, u can type "-help" following the command.

license problem

Do you have IC5141.tar ? I want to install it!

There are 3 CDs . Search the web, maybe you are lucky

send us the link, please

Status
Not open for further replies.