Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IC5141+Fedora7: Problem starting license server (GLIBC_2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oermens

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
glibc_2.0

i get this error when i get to the last step of ./configure

/usr/local/cadence/ic5141/tools/bin/lmgrd: relocation error: /usr/local/cadence/ic5141/tools/bin/lmgrd: symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

it also comes up if i try to run icfb

/usr/local/cadence/ic5141/tools/dfII/bin/icfb.exe: relocation error: /usr/local/cadence/ic5141/tools/dfII/bin/icfb.exe: symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

how to fix?

run cadence license server

You get to use the righ OS. Use RHEL2.1

ubuntu librt.so.1 cadence安装

this is not compatibility problem, it is a problem with glibc and i dont know how to fix. i have looked up the error on google but i cant find a solution

lmgrd relocation error

install glibc version 2.0 , it will work. symbol errno no exist now, version glibc not ok.

glibc_2.0 redhat el 5 lmgrd

i do have glibc installed... any other ideas??

> strings /lib/libc.so.6 | grep GLIB
GLIBC_2.0
GLIBC_2.1
GLIBC_2.1.1
GLIBC_2.1.2
GLIBC_2.1.3
GLIBC_2.2
GLIBC_2.2.1
GLIBC_2.2.2
GLIBC_2.2.3
GLIBC_2.2.4
GLIBC_2.2.6
GLIBC_2.3
GLIBC_2.3.2
GLIBC_2.3.3
GLIBC_2.3.4
GLIBC_2.4
GLIBC_2.5
GLIBC_2.6
GLIBC_PRIVATE

glibc_2.0 redhat el 5

Try to install libc.so.5 , or a version of glibc that matches the one in RHEL3.
License code has hard-coded links to the glib library, if errno is not at the same location , it will not work, I think.

howto fix fedora 8 libc.so.6

Use RHEL2.1

ic5141 libdl.so.2:

djones1 said:
Use RHEL2.1

what a useless suggestion.

where can i get a previous version of glibc? when i try to uninstall 2.6.3 it has to take all the software thats dependant on it, so i guess i have to overwrite

cadence ic5141 on rhel server

I'm not sure you have to remove 2.6.3 , maybe two versions can co-exist ?

I see this in a linux server,
/lib/libc-2.3.4.so
1 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 Jan 3 2005 /lib/libc.so.6 -> libc-2.3.4.so

so I assume that all you need is the file /lib/libc-2.x.y.so that it matches the expected one by the LM tool, and then point the symlink to it, without
erasing anything...

changing the symlink is dangerous, all your system may rely on the version that is installed... One really has to check the version that exist in the RHEL system that the tool expects.

why are you doing this?

ic5141 usr 6 license

oermens said:
djones1 said:
Use RHEL2.1

what a useless suggestion.

where can i get a previous version of glibc? when i try to uninstall 2.6.3 it has to take all the software thats dependant on it, so i guess i have to overwrite

A suggestion is a suggestion. It's not nice to give such comment. Don't insult people who try to help you. Keep your opinion inside.

cannot open shared object glibc_2.0

n1cm0c said:
why are you doing this?
a previous poster suggested maybe my version of glibc is not compatible with the one referenced by icfb.

edaguy69 said:
A suggestion is a suggestion. It's not nice to give such comment. Don't insult people who try to help you. Keep your opinion inside.

every time there is a problem with cadence, someone will say "use rhel2.1". if this is the universal solution to all cadence problems why not just make it a sticky topic? people are looking for ways to make cadence work with other operating systems. ive used cadence on rh6 and it worked perfectly, so rhel2.1 is not the only way to make cadence work.

ic5141 glibc_2.0

[/quote]

. ive used cadence on rh6 and it worked perfectly, so rhel2.1 is not the only way to make cadence work.[/quote]
Did you make IC5141 work with RH6?so why not come back to RH6. ?

centos libc.so.6 glibc_2.0

ic5141+fc6 was not my own installation. my univ runs ic5141 on solaris and fc6 perfectly. im not opposed to downgrading to another linux version, would just be nice ot get it going on fc7 since everything is already installed.

libc.so.6 strings glibc_2.0

oermens said:
ic5141+fc6 was not my own installation. my univ runs ic5141 on solaris and fc6 perfectly. im not opposed to downgrading to another linux version, would just be nice ot get it going on fc7 since everything is already installed.

You confused me. I previous post you say you run cadence IC5xx successful with RH6. That's the reason I question the validity of your statement. Now it turn out with Fedora 6. I believe you. Here is some info you should know

-------------------------------------
Red Hat Enterprise Linux is based on Fedora Core, so if you want to learn a little about RHEL for free, use Fedora Core
Q: What is the difference between Fedora and Red Hat Enterprise Linux?
A: Red Hat Enterprise Linux is officially supported by Red Hat for 7 years. It's a better choice if you're running important machines in production, and you don't want to upgrade your OS all the time. It also has many nice features that are useful if you are running more than a few servers.
Also, you can (sometimes) actually call Red Hat and get support for RHEL, which you will never be able to do for Fedora.

Fedora is distributed for free, and RHEL costs money.

Fedora is much more cutting-edge than RHEL is, and Fedora has a larger community of users willing to help out and give free support

I guess Fedora 7 is too new for IC5141 (release around 2004)

Think about the case of your old software devoloped for windowsXP will have problem working under Windows Vista

If your school use IC5141 fine with FC6, why don't you use the same?

glibc for ic5141

according to this site, setting LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1 will fix the glibc problem, but when i put 'export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1' into my .bashrc nothing happens after i login to my account. i tried setting the variable before running icfb and i get this error:

'/bin/sh: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'

has this worked for anyone else?

http://wiki.ece.cmu.edu/index.php/Cadence_-_(Unix/Linux)#GLIBC_2.0_not_defined_in_file_libc.so.6

redhat enterprise 5 /bin/sh: glibc_2.4 not found

oermens said:
according to this site, setting LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1 will fix the glibc problem, but when i put 'export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1' into my .bashrc nothing happens after i login to my account. i tried setting the variable before running icfb and i get this error:

'/bin/sh: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'

http://wiki.ece.cmu.edu/index.php/Cadence_-_(Unix/Linux)#GLIBC_2.0_not_defined_in_file_libc.so.6

I got the same problem.
But my OS is Fedora 6, I google the solution of this glibc error, and most of them suggest to use 'export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1' , but after doing that procedure, the whole shell change, ....
"
[%]#setenv LD_ASSUME_KERNEL 2.4.1
[%]#ls
ls: error while loading shared libraries: librt.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
"

what's goin on ???

lmgrd: relocation error

Btrend said:
oermens said:

I got the same problem.
But my OS is Fedora 6, I google the solution of this glibc error, and most of them suggest to use 'export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1' , but after doing that procedure, the whole shell change, ....
"
[%]#setenv LD_ASSUME_KERNEL 2.4.1
[%]#ls
ls: error while loading shared libraries: librt.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
"

what's goin on ???

I met the same problem.
I install unbuntu7.04, and then intall ic5141.
When I change .bashrc file with export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL 2.4.1,the glib error disappear,
but other command,such as 'root',etc can not work properly,ft!

glibc_2.0 centos 5 compat

I found some hints about this error:
https://www.mapleprimes.com/forum/maple-10-network-and-fedora-5

I also looked at the release notes for RHEL4, which confirms that the old Posix Threads library is still supported (LD_ASSUME_KERNEL relates to the threading model used - in other words, LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1 *is* currently supported in RHEL and FC4), but will be removed in the next release. From the RH website:

While support for LinuxThreads still exists for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4, this statement serves as advance notice that Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 will no longer include support for LinuxThreads. Therefore, applications that require LinuxThreads support must be updated before they will be able to work properly on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 system.

In otherwords, Maple 10 will *not* function on current releases of Fedora, and won't on the next release of Redhat Enterprise (biggest copororate player on the block). Time for Maplesoft to cut the chord on the 2.4.1 kernel, and compile for 2.6.x

setenv ld_assume_kernel 2.4.1 maple

i found this bote , it may be useful for your problem,
==================================================
Fedora Core 4 ships and uses GCC 4.0. Some applications that were compiled with GCC 3.2 will require compatibility libraries. Run the following command to install the needed package:

% yum install compat-libstdc++-33

===================================================

librt.so.1 cadence

i checked and i alreayd have compat-libstdc++-33 insatlled... any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.