Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IC5033 USR2 installation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

byron

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
1) Is the USR1 necessary to be installed before installing the USR2, or only the base release is necessary.

2) I have installed IC5033 base and USR1, and try to install USR2. I start the softload and point to the path of the USR2, but it says the hierarchy of the USR2 is for IC50 not for IC5033, then the installation aborted. Does anyone have the same experience?

byron said:
1) Is the USR1 necessary to be installed before installing the USR2, or only the base release is necessary.

2) I have installed IC5033 base and USR1, and try to install USR2. I start the softload and point to the path of the USR2, but it says the hierarchy of the USR2 is for IC50 not for IC5033, then the installation aborted. Does anyone have the same experience?

This is a bug of Cadence. It means that Cadence should be installed first and then either USR1 or USR2 should be installed. Both of them is not possible.

I have faced to face against the same problem and I have installed Cadence with a diffeent name and structure then I have installed USR2. It works..

In fact two kind of version could be used at the same time. To select to versions, a simle script may be used to select the environment.

But I use only one and works great. 5.0.33+USR2

Regarding to Cadence's announcement, this won't be repeated once but later USR's will needed base CD's while they are installed.

A solution...

Status
Not open for further replies.