Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IC5 Installation Procedure for RedHad 9.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

RF_Router

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ic5 license.dat server

I have done this installation guide for IC5 on RedHad 9.0 after tons of confusion among many of the users which are not familiar with linux and had many problems with installation such as display error 8bit and 24bit. Could not extract files cause system is not familiar with tar and missing libraries.

1) Install RedHad 7.3
2) Use 1024x864 and 8 bit. The reason is to solve display card issues that some of you have. Don't worry cause you will change it later on in RedHad 9.0
3) Log in as root user
4) Create the following directory /tools in the root directory
5) Open terminal and type csh
6) Move yourself to /tools directory by a) cd .. up to reaching / (root) b) cd /tools
Make sure you are in the /tools directory
7) Install IC50XX this is done by doing the following:
Open a terminal and type sh /mnt/cdrom/setup.sh
Now this will working only if you have softloader.tar in the root of the cdrom. Some of you don’t have it and for them move the softloader to the following directory: /tools/cds5/install and run it from there again with terminal run sh softload
8) When asked for install directory type: cds5 (observe that it is created in /tools). This will be created only if you started if your where in the /tools directory when started the installation in terminal.
9) Continue installation. Type Local, (2) other and type /mnt/cdrom
10) Type (4) for cadence catalog
11) a for all
12) After prompt for the next CD do the following: Eject the CD by clicking with the left button mouse on the CD icon in the desktop or mount drive.
13) Insert CD#2
14) Continue with type (3) already mounted until finish installation.
15) In your terminal go to /tools/cds5 add type
ln –s tools.lnx86 tools (observe that new link folder has been created in /tools/cds5 called /tools and by now you should have other installed folders such as tools.lnx86 in /tools/cds5 otherwise the installation place wasn't correct)
16) Copy the license.dat to /usr/local/flexlm/license
If this directory does not exit create it and install it in this directory.
17) Rename the license file to license.dat
18) Change the license header from
#SERVER server ANY 5280
#DAEMON cdslmd …
to
SERVER localhost.localdomain ANY 5280
DAEMON cdslmd /tools/tools.lnx86/bin/cdslmd
Make sure your remove #
19) Logout to a local user not root
20) Open terminal and type csh
21) Set the environment as following in order not to type them again and again each time create a file a type all the commands there and then you will only copy them to the terminal.
22) Set al the environment as follow:
setenv PATH {$PATH}:/tools/cds5/tools.lnx86/bin
setenv PATH {$PATH}:/tools/cds5/tools.lnx86/dfII/bin
setenv PATH {$PATH}:/tools/cds5/tools.lnx86/plot/bin
setenv CDSDIR /tools/cds5
setenv CDS_ROOT /tools/cds5
setenv CDS_INST_DIR /tools/cds5
setenv CDS_INSTALL_DIR /tools/cds5/tools.lnx86/dfII
setenv CDS_LIC_FILE 5280@localhost.localdomain
setenv CDS_Netlisting_Mode Analog
/tools/cds5/tools.lnx86/bin/lmgrd –c license.dat
23)In order to test if the license is running you can type the following but this is not necessary
lmstat –a –c license.dat
24)Now in order to start type
icms – IC Mixed Signal
icfb – IC front to back
But everything you do must be in the same terminal you wrote the environment and run the license and type icms or icfb.
Up until now make sure the IC5 runs in RedHad 7.3
25) Install RedHad 9.0 and do upgrade to RedHad 7.3 not new installation.
26) After the installation log in as root, change the display to your best resolution make sure that on color you chose either 256 or millions but not thousand colors otherwise it wouldn't work.
27) Restart your system with the new display and now log in as normal user.
28) Type again step 20, 21, 22, 23 24

Enjoy
RF_Router

icfb cannot run, no such file or directory

Dear RF_Router,

Thank you for post this very useful information for Linux & IC design beginner, like me.

By following your procedure step-by-step up to step 22, /tools/cds5/tools.lnx86/bin/lmgrd -c license.dat, in Xterm window that shows "command not found", could you mind teach me how to run the license manager ?
Further i remember in LDV for Windows i set the first line of the license SERVER server ANY 5280 to SERVER my_PC_hostname ANY 5280 not localhost.localdomain, so do i need to change that ?

Thanks for your help.
Benny

cannot exec icfb.exe file

benny16 said:
Dear RF_Router,

Thank you for post this very useful information for Linux & IC design beginner, like me.

By following your procedure step-by-step up to step 22, /tools/cds5/tools.lnx86/bin/lmgrd -c license.dat, in Xterm window that shows "command not found", could you mind teach me how to run the license manager ?
Further i remember in LDV for Windows i set the first line of the license SERVER server ANY 5280 to SERVER my_PC_hostname ANY 5280 not localhost.localdomain, so do i need to change that ?

Thanks for your help.
Benny
see you Path setup,or you should source your .cshrc file

feature 100 cdslmd

Dear RF_Rounter,

1.My path for setup is /root/tools/cds5/... as you; license path /usr/local/flexlm/license
2.where i can find the .cshre file ?
3. For setup environment variable, is it just copy to Xterm window ?

Thanks
BEnny

icfb installation copy

benny16 said:
Dear RF_Rounter,

1.My path for setup is /root/tools/cds5/... as you; license path /usr/local/flexlm/license
2.where i can find the .cshre file ?
3. For setup environment variable, is it just copy to Xterm window ?

Thanks
BEnny

Hi,

Your path is not /root but from / (The top of the directory). Do several times CD .. until you get to the top of the directory. Your problem is that you have installed it not in the place that I have told you. You should have installed it in the top of you directory / (not /root).

Enjoy,
RF_Router

-bash: setenv: command not found redhad

Dear RF_Rounter,

just you say :
/*****************quote******************
22) Set al the environment as follow:
setenv PATH {$PATH}:/tools/cds5/tools.lnx86/bin
setenv PATH {$PATH}:/tools/cds5/tools.lnx86/dfII/bin
setenv PATH {$PATH}:/tools/cds5/tools.lnx86/plot/bin
setenv CDSDIR /tools/cds5
setenv CDS_ROOT /tools/cds5
setenv CDS_INST_DIR /tools/cds5
setenv CDS_INSTALL_DIR /tools/cds5/tools.lnx86/dfII

/tools/cds5/tools.lnx86/bin/lmgrd –c license.dat
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
did it also added in .cshrc file ????

/************************quote********************

did i just need to do is that copy the listing words to .cshrc ???

did the daemon tool "lmgrd" will auto start as login evertime ?

Thanks a lot for your help

icfb icms command not found

Hi troops,

I did not add this copy to .cshrc, however it is in excellent suggestion. I simply copy paste it from a file which I store these commands. But it is a good possibility. The lmgrd doesn't start automatically everytime and you have to start it. I believe that you can do it automatically however I didn't.

Enjoy,
RF_Router

icfb.exe cannot execute no such file or directory

Dear RF_Rounter,

Oh, I see. i have mis-understood the meaning of root directory & root user in
step 4. Create the following directory /tools in the root directory
step 6. Move yourself to /tools directory by a) cd .. up to reaching / (root) b) cd /tools

Now i have made some modify:
1. 2nd line of license.dat DAEMON cdslmd /root/tools/tools.lnx86/bin/cdslmd

2. the environment variables as follow:
setenv PATH {$PATH}:-/tools/cds5/tools.lnx86/bin
setenv PATH {$PATH}:/root/tools/cds5/tools.lnx86/dfII/bin
setenv PATH {$PATH}:/root/tools/cds5/tools.lnx86/plot/bin
setenv CDSDIR /root/tools/cds5
setenv CDS_ROOT /root/tools/cds5
setenv CDS_INST_DIR /root/tools/cds5
setenv CDS_INSTALL_DIR /root/tools/cds5/tools.lnx86/dfII

The license manager is running.

So, as you known if i installed under /root not the top of the directory, will it have any error when running IC5 ?

Thanks,
Benny

install redhad

Hi Benny,

You can basically install it any where and use your modifications no problem. I only wanted to create a straight forward, step by step procedure that if you follow it and install it in those directories, which I have mentioned, it should work fine.

Enjoy,
RF_Router

icfb display resolution

Dear RF Rounter,
The problem occurs of lanuching icfb, that shows the message
"Incorrectly built binary which accesses errno, h_errno or _res directly. Needs to be fixed."
Is it need to update the "glibc" can fix this problem ?

Thanks
Benny

redhad

Hi Benny,

First make sure that you have installed it on RedHad 7.3. I don't know of any problem when you install it on RedHad 7.3. Check the board for the following error you have mentioned.

Enjoy,
RF_Router

I also have a problem.
I find I cannot source .cshrc with the command 'source .cshrc'. I only make .cshrc in effect by opening a new terminal. Who can tell me what happen?

The best solution will be to change the installation script, as you may know that it will give you error if you try it on RH9.0.

The multi step procudure is good just for installing and trying the GUI, do you had a real project on this upgraded system?

We all need a stable and predictable OS, go with this 2? step and then try to open libmanager with in the icfb or layoutPlus. What will happen? You will receive a nice error!!!!

We must to check and debug the installation problem, you will have same problem with LDV too!!

Hi, i think to save time and trouble free to solve this error message by down grade to RH 7.3.

Regards,
Benny

Yes, currently it is the most effective way.

As an alternative, you can choose SuSE linux, but it has problem with new Intel P4 HT family.
The problem: In normal state, system takes about 50% of CPU power!!!

In redhat 9,I run icfb & ,then display"Incorrent built binary which accesses errno, h_errono or _res directly,Needs to be fixed."

what does it mean?

hi RF_Router,
I followed your methode to install I@C5. when I run it, I found there is no hot key available (like f => fit screen or i=> add instance) Also, I checked that all host key are gone in pull down menue. In addition, the library manager can not pop up automatically when I start icfb. Anyone know why?

Dear Mr. RF_Router

I have installed IC5 follow your instruction, after run the Environment and License manager. It run good, but when I type "icms" or "icfb"

the stranger happened as follow:

/tools/cds5/tools.lnx86/dfII/bin/icms: /tools/cds5/tools[/b]/dfII/bin/icms.exe: No such file or directory
/tools/cds5/tools.lnx86/dfII/bin/icms: exec: /tools/cds5/tools/dfII/bin/icms.exe: cannot execute: No such file or directory

I realize that there is more folder"tools" at "/tools/cds5/tools/dfII/bin/icms.exe: No such file or directory" I don't know howto solver this problems.

I have checked the folders in: /tools/cds5/dfII/bin/icms.exe is available, and when Run icms the error appear as above and the path have more one "tools" folder.

Please help me. how to solver this. Thank you very much. hope that will receive the helping from you. I still run it on Redhat Linux 7.3

Concat

Status
Not open for further replies.