Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IC Tester Using Assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

just2ask

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm asked to program an IC Tester in Assembly language for a lab project. It should test the basic 74 logic gates, check their functionality and carry out the combinations to check the truth table. Then I'll download it to the MTS-86 kit via 8255 PPI. I can't figure out how to start this code? What should my code look like? Can anyone give me a hand please? It's urgent :)

The first step is to draw a Flow Chart so you have an outline of what you are going to programme.

The first step in the FC would be to input a code (eg. 7400) of some kind to indicate the IC to be tested.

Then the pin connections & type of IC (eg. NAND gate, NOR gate, etc.) for this IC could be read from the EEPROM.

i's gonna be 86-Microprocessors based (via PPI). so Assembly for x86 is what i'm supposed to use. and i'll test a simple AND gate. i need help software-wise, how and what should i code? can anyone show me similar examples? please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back