Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IC recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

poojadholam

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
my task is to develop power driver(Vout = 12V, Power out = 400 W).
I have tried search IC which can provide me 12 V and 34 A at output, but I found LTM4605 which can give me 12 V and 12 A max current. I can connect this IC in parallel to get more current.

But I wonder, if there is any other IC or way to do it?

Could anyone suggest me an IC or another way?

Thank you so much in advance.

Hi,

you need to provide useful informations:

* you say "power driver" ... I don´t know what you mean with this. (most probably this is the reason why your search does not give useful results)
--> use common phrases. From the "LTM4605" I guess you want to build an SMPS. A DC/DC converter. Buck? boost? or buck-boost? Isolated or not?

* you need to provide useful values. If your device has 400W output .... then where does this power come from? I don´t expect a fuel engine. But what is it? A battery? Which type and voltage range? Any other DC supply? Or an AC supply? Mains? Which voltage?

You refer to an Linear Technology / Analog Devices part.
Why don´t you visit their internet site: https://www.analog.com/en/products/power-management/switching-regulators.html
and input the values:
ADSelect.png

other SMPS IC manufacturers have interactive selection tools, too.

Klaus

Hi,

you need to provide useful informations:

* you say "power driver" ... I don´t know what you mean with this. (most probably this is the reason why your search does not give useful results)
--> use common phrases. From the "LTM4605" I guess you want to build an SMPS. A DC/DC converter. Buck? boost? or buck-boost? Isolated or not?

* you need to provide useful values. If your device has 400W output .... then where does this power come from? I don´t expect a fuel engine. But what is it? A battery? Which type and voltage range? Any other DC supply? Or an AC supply? Mains? Which voltage?

You refer to an Linear Technology / Analog Devices part.
Why don´t you visit their internet site: https://www.analog.com/en/products/power-management/switching-regulators.htm
and input the values:
View attachment 170076

other SMPS IC manufacturers have interactive selection tools, too.

Klaus
I will try to explain.

Battery ----- DC/DC Converter (Buck) ----- Element

Battery is rechargeable. It provides output voltage 24 V DC (typical). It can vary between 22 V to 28 V.

The element needs 12 V power supply and 400 W Power to operate normally.

So I am searching for a Buck converter module which can provide 12 V and 34 A to my element.

Hi,

internet search: "24V 12V buck converter".
ebay, amazon and everywhere...

you may add to the search: Car, boat, truck...

I little scrolling. and 5 seconds of time.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back