Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IC design tools on linux?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mengxy

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ic design tools for linux

Who can give some idea about IC design on linux:
the design flow and design tools typical?

Well, at the time, most EDA companies are leaving Windows and are supporting or plan to support Linux for the PC platform. It is difficult to list all tools. Synopsys, Mentor and Cadence have ported most of their tools to Linux. If you can give more details about what you plan to design, I can give you a possible design flow. Meanwhile, I can give you what I believe is still missing from the Linux platform (there are of course alternative solutions):
- Xilinx ISE (planned for a future release)
- Mentor Leonardo Spectrum
- Synplicity Sertify or Amplify (I am not sure) and lisence server
- Aldec Active-HDL

linux

So many EDA tools under Linux, almost all synopsys,Cadence,mentor tools have linux version!

Hi

Please look at these two addresses too:

1. h**p://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=1317
2. h**p://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=4149

* -> t

tnx

C@dence IC5 is standard for most industry, now available on linux

Also, if you are interested, some Linux EDA tools support multiprocessing and cluster computing (Aldec Riviera, Synopsys, etc). In fact, they have been build on Linux to exploit this capability (in the case of Riviera) and the fact that Linux is the prevailing OS in clusters.

Status
Not open for further replies.