Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IBIS, SPice simulation doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolniran

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am designing a Data acquisition system with a Texas instruments ADC, Inamps and a ST micro electronics micro controller. I am getting spice models for my inamps, differential amplifiers etc. so that I could do SPICE simulation using LT spice.

I wish to see the output of my ADC if I am providing an input signal with my simulated amplifiers and filters. I am getting an IBIS model of the ADC. Is there any tool software so that, I can import these spice models and connect with this IBIS model similar to what we do in LT spice and get an an output, so that I could do some FFT, transient analysis etc.?

I am new to these IBIS models. I am not sure what it is used for. When I read some introductory papers, I understood it is also a behavior model. Could we use it in the same way as SPICE transistor based models and get the same kind of results using some EDA softwares?

Hi,

I think these IBIS file's are not used for simulation like as you mentioned, but these are used for signal integrity analyses like reflection,crosstalk....etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back