Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I2C in PS of Zynq without AXI

aminpix

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a zynq board and trying to read and write to a chip through I2C.
For some reasons I should not use AXI for I2C. The project is standalone and I should use PS of the zynq. I don't need to use interrupt.
Is there any sample code or tutorial for me?

Hi,

I2C is just a synchronous serial interface. Thus a couple of shift registers, counters, simple state machine will do the job.
I'm sure there are many, many solutions available in the internet.

You say you don't want to use AXI, so you need to decide what alternative you want to use.

Klaus

@aminpix
You do not have a wide variety of choice.
The ARM can connect to the available I2C peripheral through the central interconnect. And through the MIO interface your external chip can communicate with the I2C. If you look at the the Zynq architecture there isn't anything more simpler I guess.

1683271797279.png

@aminpix
You do not have a wide variety of choice.
The ARM can connect to the available I2C peripheral through the central interconnect. And through the MIO interface your external chip can communicate with the I2C. If you look at the the Zynq architecture there isn't anything more simpler I guess.

View attachment 182641
Do you know any C code to use this I2C peripheral?

I do not know. but a search engine should know!
High possibility of having something within GitHub.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: