Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I would like to build a 6 bit flash ADC using comparator

Status
Not open for further replies.

barath_87

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Flash ADC design...

Hi,

I have designed comparator for pipelined adc , I would like to build a 6 bit flash ADC using that comparator.So please give some suggestions and materials regarding ....

Thank you in advance.

Flash ADC design...

Use 2^6 comparators with different Vrefs... Generate Vrefs using stacked MOS diodes, (Take care that ur current consumption is well under control...

The output of all your comparators together forms the "thermometer code output"...

Make sure all your comparators have same rise times, so that your output bits appear together...

Sidharth

Re: Flash ADC design...

mickey_melomane said:
Use 2^6 comparators with different Vrefs... Generate Vrefs using stacked MOS diodes, (Take care that ur current consumption is well under control...

The output of all your comparators together forms the "thermometer code output"...

Make sure all your comparators have same rise times, so that your output bits appear together...

Sidharth

Thank you but I am stuck up in the thermometer code output to binary conversion can you pls help me in that part....:cry:

Flash ADC design...

The book "CMOS Integrated Analog-to-Digital and Digital-to-Analog Converters by Rudy J. van de Plassche" is very good!

You can find all the answers in it!

Hi,
First, try simulink simulation of the ADC. That halps you a lot.

Be careful!!!

Its not 2^6 but either 2^6-1 or 2^6+1 comparators. The second solution gives you a overflow and underflow too.

Hi,

Kindly see the attachment, it may be useful to you,

If you need more details, don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

N.Muralidhara
CRL-BEL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back