Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I want to measure length of foot using infrared.Need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebald

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
foot size measure

I am thinking of designing an electronic device that will measure your foot length and display the foot size in LCD or LED.

The first option i think of is using infrared because it seems to be easier to implement. Anyone out there can give me a suggestion on how to measure the foot size?

how to measure a stepper motor

Rip apart a flatbed scanner and place an IR sender and receiver on the moving parts (you must probably modify å whole lot). Then you can make use of the stepper and make a simple program that counts how many step the stepper goes until the receiver get signal.

You need to know exactly how far the moving part goes for each step.

Re: I want to measure length of foot using infrared.Need hel

can you please explain what a stepper is?

An easier way is to procure a 1.2 MB discarded floppy disk drive. This has a stepper motor which can be used as four phase stepper motor with 1.8 degree per step. It works at 12 v rest of the features suit most of typical experimental working range.

Ebald

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: I want to measure length of foot using infrared.Need hel

ark5230 said:
An easier way is to procure a 1.2 MB discarded floppy disk drive. This has a stepper motor which can be used as four phase stepper motor with 1.8 degree per step. It works at 12 v rest of the features suit most of typical experimental working range.
Good idea :)

Maybe a floppy drive can be used directly (without unmounting the stepper itself).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back