Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I want to made a PCB XY table engraver

Status
Not open for further replies.

al_extreme

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pcb engraver

I need infromation about PCB engraver systeme. I whant to made a XY table for PCB engraving, but I need to know what precission can I reach and for than I need to know what it's possible to buy, and how mush it's cost. I need to know if somebody here use a engraver systeme is it good for home user and prototype pcb ? thanks for your help

Alex

xy table design

Look at www.lpkf.com, they have really nice systems.

I have <Tried> to use an ordinary 3 axis CNC milling machine to do PCB's. But the big problem is to get the spindle at a constant distance from the PCB since all pcb's are slightly uneven. Another problem is to get the very small bits not to break...

If you want to try to do something of your own, my suggestion is to start with the toughest part - the Z-axis - with some kind of mill depth sensor. If you can do that, the rest is easy!

Check out this link: http://www.crankorgan.com and look in the link page. A good start site for hobby CNC projects.

/Froggy

xy table kit

thanks for your help it's apriciate

cnc xy table

Gravürcüler, Kalýpçılar, El Sanatçıları, Reklamcılar Ýþte aradıðınız fiyat ve kalite

What language is this so I can translate with babelfish....?

Never mind... I see the Turkish flag....

easy x-y table

mdamdam. I'm not that sure about the 3-axis kit. it's made of WOOD!?!?

They even say in the text that it can be used for LIGHT engraving..., I think that the emphesis on LIGHT is the keyword here. It's nice as a toy or teching tool, but I don't think it can do the job in this case.

/Froggy

korean x-y table

Hi,
does anybody know a layout-program that can do exact this what we see here:
http://www.geocities.com/cnc_designer/pcb.html

or a translator that output it as hpgl or gerber or bmp...
I think for homework layout-etching this would be nice ! No many copper must be removed...

platinum

rland mdx-20 milling a pcb

Well CircuitCAM or IsoPro can do almost exactly that, just better. (They can create a outline of all tracks and pads). But those programs aren't exactly for free...

x-y pcb

It is worth looking at the Roland Modela 3D mills. I got one on an auction for about $1500 and I use it to mill and drill all my proto pcb's

You need the software PCB Design and Make by the same guys that supply PCB Wizard. This program will allow you to output single and double sided thru-hole layouts to the mill. You can't do surface mount with this SW but I found a way around it by using a combination of C@mtastic and PC paint.

I use the MDX-15. Look at https://www.rolanddga.com/products/3D/modelers/default.asp
for specs. These machines sell new for under $3000, much cheaper than the LKPF and others.

I use mine all the time and not just for PCB's. You are limited to 6" X 4" board size.

E

wood xy table

h**p://www.easgmbh.de/

CNC milling machines, part and software

pcb engraving software

didn't circuit cellar just run a multipart article on how to build your own PCB drilling machine?

you should search their web site and find out which months it appeared in. i know it was spanned over 2 months.

good luck

Mr.Cool

engraving pcb software

another link
**broken link removed**

x-y engraving table

I am also in the process of investigating the possibility
of making up a small CNC machine for making single-
sided PCBs and engraving panels.

The software package I was going to try first is called
KCam:
http://www.kellyware.com/kcam/index.htm

It's shareware, and claims to be able to do PCB
isolation routing from a Gerber file (so you can use
any PCB package to do the layout), on any "hobby"
machine connected to the parallel port.

Disclaimer: I haven't used this package, I don't know
the author, I'm just offering it up as another
possibility for those that are interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back