Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I want to learn VLSI, FPGA and ASIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikhilele

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
learn fpga

I want to learn VLSI, FPGA and ASIC
Please suggest me good books or sites or links to learn these things.

Is there any way to get some to the free stuff or samples related to these.

I am absoulute beginer in this field.

how to learn fpga

I can give advice - you will learn the Verilog or VHDL!

Reactions: hw_wcr

hw_wcr

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
vlsi fpga

First of all, i think u need to refine your area of learning. VLSI is vast domain , what's your interest.
Frontend or Backend ?

Although it seems (as u wana learn FPGA) that u might be interested in FPGA.
What you can do is download some Student version tool from Altera/Xilinx or similar for learning VHDL/Verilog.

and also you should focus on the CMOS device science , for which u may follow any standard text on VLSI. Like , by Pucknell, or Weste etc...

There are lot of books in our forum !!

Happy Learning !!

learn vlsi

Hi,
It seems like you want to learn all the stuffs in VLSI domain.
Quite impossible.

You have to select your field of interest, then you can train yourself in that domain.

Thanks
Shaikh Sarfraz

fpga in vlsi

That is my ideal, maybe not accurate.
Frontend : all stuffs before/including sythesis, Architect, Design and Verifcation may be the main work
Backend: others after sythesis ('after' I means the IC process ), like P&R, FV..
---------------------
I am also a beginner here, I want to know whether CMOS is important for the frontend. And want to get some suggestion from the experienced people here.

If one wanna be a arhitect, rtl engineer or verif engineer which is better, and what does he/she should learn.

If one wanna be an expert on Frontend, what kinds of fundamental information should be master.

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
how to learn vlsi

Hi
you should refine your selection. This is not an easy task
You may be able to do one but this dosen't mean that you are going to be expert in it. :)

Thanks
Haytham

learning fpga

which is most basic part of vlsi which we should learn first to get our hands on vlsi

how to learn working on fpga

Hi,
If you want to bet into digital design then learn the basics, and you can also learn VHDL, VERILOG SystemC, any one of these.
As a fresher that will be enough to face any interview.

If you want to be in Analog or AMS design than you should be good in device physics, also you should be good in analysing the circuits.

Thanks
Shaikh Sarfraz

why we want study vlsi?

If u want to be in Digital designing u should have strong understanding about the digital system designing atleast at the basics level like flipflops, registers,counters etc. next thing u need to know is any of the hardware description languages verilog, VHDL.
for a fresher these things would be enough
If u want to be on analog part u should be very strong in device physics and the transistor behavior. U should be good in small signal analysis, large signal analysis.

If u want to be in back end u can choose layout designing or physical design where u do the static timing analysis, closk tree synthesis and others.

u can make up ur mind for any one field dont try for gathering knowledge on all. u will end up with nothing. assess urself where ur interest lies in the above fields

fpga vlsi

I love this web in china
**broken link removed**

learn about fpga

I have concluded that first i should deeply learn digital electronics and digital design which includes from gate,flip-flops,registers,etc to memories. and then i should learn VHDL.

fpga in vlsi design

Hi,
So you have decided that you want to go for Digital design.
As far as VHDL is concerned, my suggestion is go fr VERILOG, as more and more companies are now a days working on this.
You can download VERILOG simulators for net, such as Modelsim free of cost.
Learning with these tools will be very intuitive.

Thanks
Shaikh Sarfraz

how to learn fpga

first you should find you interest about one or two aspect of IC design.i think frontend is very important to IC design,so you should cost some time to study it firstly

how to learn fpgas

Hi,
As far as VHDL is concerned, my suggestion is go fr VERILOG, as more and more companies are now a days working on this.

Thanks
Shaikh Sarfraz

is modelsim free
who said so???

where do you learn fpga

Hi,
Everbody knows that Modelsim SE is freely available for download.

salma ali bakr said:
Hi,

Thanks
Shaikh Sarfraz

is modelsim free
who said so???

You can go to Mentor Graphics home page. There you can download the student version free of cost and you will get the license after registration through mail.

And mind you its FREE OF COST !!!!!!

Thanks
Shaikh Sarfraz

fpga how to learn

well...thanks alot for that clarification
i didn't know that piece of info at all
but does that student edition provide everything else available in the professional or commercial edition

thanks alot,
Salma:D

what do i need to learn fpga

Michael D Cilletti........is a NICE bOOK !!!!

vlsi vs fpga

Hi,
Yeah thats the problem with the students version.

salma ali bakr said:
well...thanks alot for that clarification
i didn't know that piece of info at all
but does that student edition provide everything else available in the professional or commercial edition

thanks alot,
Salma:D

However the tool is still powerful, and that will be sufficient for the learning process.

Thanks
Shaikh Sarfraz

learn basics of vlsi

if im not mistaken, the student version takes more time to compile your Verilog/VHDL code. ive also checked this with one of my designs. first i compiled it using the student version and noted the time and then i installed the full version and then noted the time.

the full version is blazingly fast!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back